As we opened the doors to the 2018-19 school year this morning, we think about the history of St. Joseph Academy (SJA) and all of the huge strides and accomplishments we have throughout the years. What once started out as an orphanage in 1908 has blossomed into a childcare center, serving children 6 weeks through 4 years and and elementary and middle school, teaching students from K4 through 8th grade.
In just a short 9 years, SJA has gone from having one K4 classroom and becoming a Milwaukee Parental Choice School, to having three K4 and K5 classrooms, three 1st grade classrooms, two 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade classrooms and one 7th and one 8th grade classroom.
While the mission has stayed the same, to educate lifelong learners and problem solvers, our population has changed drastically. Now serving over 550 children on the Southside of Milwaukee, the Felician Sisters and their Core Values for Ministry remain a huge part of the success of St. Joseph Academy.
Our success is also due in part to the community we serve, the parents of our children, the children and also our donors and supporters. Without all of the moving parts, SJA could not have become what it has today and we thank everyone involved in the continued growth of St. Joseph Academy.