Our third graders experience the world through reading, classroom technology, and friendship!
3rd Grade has it made!
Our third graders are inspiring! As students are half way through their time at SJA, they continue to grow and transition into leaders.
Our 3rd grade classroom is where students begin to explore the world:
• Implement a research-based reading & language arts curriculum
• Build on appreciation of literature and cultural awareness
• Increase word recognition and decoding skills
• Build on critical thinking skills
• Improve writing strategies and writing habits
• Represent and solve advanced problems involving addition and subtraction
• Begin establishing multiplication and division skills
• Continue to develop knowledge of time, money, fractions, and geometry
• Build character through education and leadership
• Enjoy a diverse music, art, library, physical education, and music curriculum
Our three main 3rd grade curriculum tools are:
• Everyday Mathematics—Uses real-world examples to make math relevant and fun!
• Reading Wonders—This literacy program helps children to improve their reading and writing at their own pace.
• Foss Science- Kids love these fast-paced, hands-on lessons!
• Other resources include Learning A-Z, Sharp Literacy, and Sciencesaurus
Technology is everywhere and it’s critical that your child become comfortable and experienced using a variety of technology tools. All St. Joseph Academy students and staff have access to computers and smart boards.
• Small class sizes of 25 students
• Teachers are degreed and licensed
• A bilingual teacher or teaching assistant is available at all times
• Classroom staff have CPR and First Aid certification
Our school day is from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
SJA’s Before/After School Program is Here for You
• Our center is open from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
• Before school, the children have breakfast and free time.
• After school, students will be served a nutritious snack and participate in structured activities, free play or can get help with their homework.
• Transportation is available for children who attend another school
• In addition to our before and after school care, we offer seasonal extra curricular activities such as basketball, Scouts, math club and Zumba.
• We serve breakfast (8:00-8:25 a.m.) lunch (12:20-12:50), and snacks (depending on which hours the child is on site)
• All meals healthy, kid-friendly and meet USDA requirements
• Meals are prepared on site in our full-service kitchen
• Does your child have a food allergy? Please let our staff know. We have gone through extensive food handling training and we will do everything possible to safely meet your child’s needs.