St. Joseph Academy is going to offer 6th grade
6th grade is here!
St. Joseph Academy is offering sixth grade. It’s our goal to have a place where 11-year-old learners can continue – or begin – a faith-based education. We’ve developed a strong curriculum to help our 6th grade students understand advanced math concepts, use the scientific method, and read fiction, non-fiction, and poems.
Our key 6th grade curriculum tools are:
• Singapore Math—Uses real-world examples to make math relevant and fun!
• Reading Wonders—This literacy program helps children to improve their reading and writing at their own pace.
• Foss Science- Kids love these fast-paced, hands-on lessons!
• Other resources include Learning A-Z, Sharp Literacy, and Sciencesaurus
Technology is everywhere and it’s critical that your child become comfortable and experienced using a variety of technology tools. All St. Joseph Academy students and staff have access to computers and smart boards.
• Small class sizes of 25 students
• Teachers are degreed and licensed
• A bilingual teacher or teaching assistant is available at all times
• Classroom staff have CPR and First Aid certification
Our full-day sessions are from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Before/After School programs
• Our center is open from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
• Before school, children have breakfast and free time.
• After school, students will be served a nutritious snack and participate in structured activities, free play or can get help with their homework.
• Transportation is available for children who attend another school.
• In addition to our before and after school care, we offer seasonal extra curricular activities such as basketball, Scouts, math club and Zumba.
• We serve breakfast (8:00-8:25), lunch (12:30-1:00), and snacks (depending on which hours the child is on site)
• All meals are healthy, kid-friendly, and meet USDA requirements
• Meals are prepared on site in our full-service kitchen
• Does your child have a food allergy? Please let our staff know. We have gone through extensive food handling training and we will do everything possible to safely meet your child’s needs.