St. Joseph Academy is expanding once again with the addition of 7th grade!
St. Joseph Academy is offering seventh grade in 2017 – 2018 (and eighth grade 2018 – 2019). We want to offer an education where middle-school learners can continue a faith-based education. We’ve developed a strong curriculum to help our middle school students understand advanced math concepts, use the scientific method, and use critical thinking strategies when reading informational texts, fiction, and poetry.
Our key 7th grade curriculum tools are:
• Singapore Math—Uses real-world examples to make math relevant and fun!
• Reading Wonders—This literacy program helps children to improve their reading and writing at their own pace.
• Foss Science- Kids love these fast-paced, hands-on lessons!
• Other resources include Learning A-Z, Sharp Literacy, and Sciencesaurus
Technology is everywhere and it’s critical that your child become comfortable and experienced using a variety of technology tools. All St. Joseph Academy students and staff have access to computers, Chromebooks, Google Drive accounts, and SMART boards.
• Small class sizes of 25 students
• Teachers are degreed and licensed
• A bilingual teacher or teaching assistant is available at all times
• Classroom staff have CPR and First Aid certification
Our full-day sessions are from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Before/After School programs
• Our center is open from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
• Before school, children have breakfast and free time.
• After school, students will be served a nutritious snack and participate in structured activities, free play or can get help with their homework.
• In addition to our before and after school care, we offer seasonal extra curricular activities such as basketball, Scouts, math club and Zumba.
• We serve breakfast (8:00-8:15), lunch, and snacks (depending on which hours the child is on site)
• All meals are healthy, kid-friendly, and meet USDA requirements
• Meals are prepared on site in our full-service kitchen
• Does your child have a food allergy? Please let our staff know. We have gone through extensive food handling training and we will do everything possible to safely meet your child’s needs.