Build on their skills in K5
St. Joseph Academy five-year-olds continue to develop the academic and social skills they were first exposed to in our K4 program.
In our K5 classroom, children take their learning to the next level:
• Strong letter recognition
• Beginning writing skills
• Numbers up to 100
• Some may be reading well; others are continuing to work toward literacy
• Work in groups to develop social skills
• Enjoy a diverse curriculum including art, library, physical education and music.
Our three main K5 curriculum tools are:
• Everyday Mathematics—Uses real-world examples to make math relevant and fun!
• Reading Wonders—This literacy program helps children to improve their reading and writing at their own pace.
• Foss Science- Kids love these fast-paced, hands-on lessons!
• Other resources include Learning A-Z, Sharp Literacy, and Sciencesaurus
Technology is everywhere and it’s critical that your child become comfortable and experienced using a variety of technology tools. All St. Joseph Academy elementary students and staff have access to computers and smart boards.
• No more than 25 children with a lead and assistant teacher
• A bilingual teacher or teaching assistant is available at all times
• Both staff are degreed professionals
• Classroom staff have CPR and First Aid certification
Our school day is from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
SJA’s Before/After School Program is Here for You
• Our center is open from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
• Before school, the children have breakfast and free time.
• After school, students will be served a nutritious snack and participate in structured activities, free play or can get help with their homework.
• Transportation is available for children who attend another school
• In addition to our before and after school care, we offer seasonal extra curricular activities such as basketball, Scouts, math club and Zumba.
• We serve breakfast (8:00-8:30), lunch (11:00-11:30) and snacks
• All meals healthy, kid-friendly and meet USDA requirements
• Meals are prepared on site in our full-service kitchen
• Does your child have a food allergy? Please let our staff know. We have gone through extensive food handling training and we will do everything possible to safely meet your child’s needs.