Welcome To Elementary School! Our K4 program will give your child a great start
The St. Joseph K4 program will put your child on the road to academic success. Our program uses small groups and hands-on experience to help learning come alive!
In our K4 classroom, children will learn:
• Letters and sounds
• Numbers up to 30
• Work in groups to develop social skills
• Activities to prepare them for reading and writing
Enjoy a diverse curriculum, including art, library, physical education and music.
Our three main K4 curriculum tools are:
• Everyday Mathematics—Helps to make math fun and relevant for your child.
• Little Treasures—The ability to read well will be key to your child’s success at every age. Our 4K program is an excellent first step.
• Project Wild! This fun, hands-on science program is a big hit with the children!
Technology is everywhere and it’s critical that your child become comfortable and experienced using a variety of technology tools. All St. Joseph Academy elementary students and staff have access to computers and smart boards.
• No more than 25 children with a lead and assistant teacher
• A bilingual teacher or teaching assistant is available at all times
• Both staff members are degreed professionals
• Classroom staff have CPR and First Aid certification
Our school day is from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Before/After School programs
• Our center is open from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
• Before school, the children have breakfast and free time.
• After school, students will be served a nutritious snack and participate in structured activities, free play or can get help with their homework.
• Transportation is available for children who attend another school
• In addition to our before and after school care, we offer seasonal extra curricular activities such as basketball, Scouts, math club and Zumba.
• We serve breakfast (8:15-8:50) lunch (11:00-11:30) and snacks (depending on which hours the child is on site)
• All meals are healthy, kid-friendly and meet USDA requirements
• Meals are prepared on site in our full-service kitchen
• Does your child have a food allergy?Please let our staff know. We have gone through extensive food handling training and we will do everything possible to safely meet your child’s needs