A great start: Infants and Toddlers ages six weeks to two years
Welcome to St. Joseph Academy’s Early Childhood Education program!
We are committed to providing your infant or toddler with a loving, nurturing environment that supports them physically, educationally and emotionally. We’re committed to working with you and providing the best care possible for your child.
Our programs support your child’s development in these areas:
Common activities include:
• Library/language—reading and songs
• Music—listening to and making our own
• Development of fine motor skills—blocks and other manipulatives
• Outdoor/physical play—climbing stairs, playground time
• Art—delightful, messy fun!
• Sensory and science—exploring water, sand and other materials
• Self-help skills—eating with a spoon, food self-service and clean-up
• Four children to one teacher—no more than eight children in a room at a time
• A bilingual teacher or teaching assistant is available at all times
• Classroom staff are degreed professionals
• Classroom staff have CPR and First Aid certification
Our center is open from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
• Formula as well as cereal, jarred fruits, vegetables and meats are offered to all of our families.
• We serve breakfast, lunch and snacks to our students (depending on which hours the child is on site)
• All meals are healthy, kid-friendly and meet USDA requirements
• Meals are prepared on site in our full-service kitchen
• Does your child have a food allergy? Please let our staff know. We have gone through extensive food handling training and we will do everything possible to safely meet your child’s needs.