St. Joseph encourages a passion for learning with plenty of reading, hands-on science, and music lessons!
4th grade is the best!
St. Joseph Academy helps our 4th grade students continue development as intelligent, responsible young citizens.
Our 4th grade classroom helps students build a foundation for life-long learning:
• Implement a research-based reading & language arts curriculum
• Build on appreciation of literature and cultural awareness
• Increase word recognition and decoding skills
• Build on critical thinking skills
• Improve writing strategies and writing habits
• Represent and solve advanced problems involving addition and subtraction
• Master multiplication and division skills
• Advance knowledge of time, money, fractions, and geometry
• Introduce hands-on science activities
• Build character through education and leadership
• Enjoy a diverse music, art, library, physical education, and music curriculum
Our major 4th grade curriculum tools are:
• Everyday Mathematics—Uses real-world examples to make math relevant and fun!
• Reading Wonders—This literacy program helps children to improve their reading and writing at their own pace.
• Foss Science- Kids love these fast-paced, hands-on lessons!
• Other resources include Learning A-Z, Sharp Literacy, and Sciencesaurus
Technology is everywhere and it’s critical that your child become comfortable and experienced using a variety of technology tools. All St. Joseph Academy students and staff have access to computers and smart boards.
• Small class sizes of 25 students
• Teachers are degreed and licensed
• A bilingual teacher or teaching assistant is available at all times
• Classroom staff have CPR and First Aid certification
Our school day is from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
SJA’s Before/After School Program is Here for You
• Our center is open from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
• Before school, the children have breakfast and free time.
• After school, students will be served a nutritious snack and participate in structured activities, free play or can get help with their homework.
• Transportation is available for children who attend another school
• In addition to our before and after school care, we offer seasonal extra curricular activities such as basketball, Scouts, math club and Zumba.
• We serve breakfast (8:00-8:25 a.m.) and lunch (11:30-12:00)
• All meals healthy, kid-friendly and meet USDA requirements
• Meals are prepared on site in our full-service kitchen
• Does your child have a food allergy? Please let our staff know. We have gone through extensive food handling training and we will do everything possible to safely meet your child’s needs.